Speaker: Mr Kam Yong Chuan （甘永川）
Duration: 20 minutes
Objective: to leverage on blogging as a tool to engage students (Higher Chinese Language of 23 in an experimental class) in knowledge sharing, reflection and debate.
Pedagogy: Cooperative Learning
- Students are given cooperative learning activities that require them to relay research findings, ideas, or suggestions.
Portal: An educational blog site named www.21classes.com
- Features of Portal:
(1) FOC for 20 accounts (of 1mb space)
(2) Chargeable at US$8.90 per month for each account
(3) Facilitator (teacher) is able to moderate every new entry posted by student before it is published.
(4) It contains powerful tools to enable scaffolded learning or mentoring to occur.
Recommendation & Consideration:
- Could further explore the possibilities of deploying this educational blog as it is specially designed for educators. With appropriate teacher intervention at various stages, the teacher is able to scale up and guide the degree of complexity of the discussion.
- Need to further deliberate on the expenses required if we are to equip EACH student of 200 in Sec 1 (2010) with an account.